• 4 lbs mutton (leg or large mutton pieces, leaned and rinsed thoroughly)
• 2 tbsps papaya
• 1 tbsp meat tenderizer
• 2 cups yoghurt
• 3 tbsps ginger paste
• 2 tbsps garlic paste
• 1/2 cup ricotta cheese (or Khoya)
• 3 tbsps garlic chili sauce (green)
• 4 tbsps onions (fried, crushed)
• 1 tbsp almonds (roasted, blanched and grinded)
• salt (to taste)
• 1 tbsp red chili powder
• 1 tsp ground coriander (roasted)
• 1 tbsp roasted ground cumin
• 1 tsp spices (hot mix, powder)
• 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
• 1/4 tsp mace (ground)
• 1/4 tsp green cardamom (ground)
• 1/2 cup cream (fresh)
• 8 garlic cloves (roasted)
• 4 serrano chilies
• 1 tbsp white vinegar
• 1 tsp brown sugar
• 1 tbsp sesame oil
• 1 tbsp yellow onion (finely chopped)
• 1 tsp soy sauce
1. To prepare green chili sauce, blend together garlic, chilies, vinegar and brown sugar until become smooth.
2. Sauté chopped onion in sesame oil, and then add it to the blended paste. Give few pulses to mix evenly.
3. Add soya sauce and mix well, your green chili sauce is ready.
4. Now before start marination, dry the mutton leg with cloth and then place it onto the wide and slightly deep dish.
5. In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients mentioned for making mutton leg and then whisk so that uniform batter would form.
6. Pour this mixture onto the mutton leg and marinate well using hands, make cuts so that all the flavors would absorb well inside.
7. When the marination has done, cover and leave it for overnight or at least 4-6 hrs.
8. Now heat half cup of oil in a deep and wide saucepan, add the marinated mutton leg in it and cook over high heat for 5-8 mins, until become light brown.
9. Then reduce the heat to simmer, add leftover marination, cover and simmer for 40-50 mins. Or until meat is done completely.
10. After that turn on the upper grill burner of your oven and bake the cooked mutton leg for just 5 mins. so that nice crispy brown color appears on top.
11. Serve the hot mutton leg with fries and sauté vegetables.
NOTE: Freshly produced consumable i.e vegetables/meat are available.